Saturday, February 16, 2013

Winged Wine and Champagne Necklace

This necklace is part of a set that was made for a friend at their request.  The earrings have appeared in a previous post. 


 As with the earrings, the color scheme was silver, golden shadow crystals and Crystal Bordeaux crystal pearls. To add to the focal component of the wing, I also used a navette pendant in the golden shadow.  I knew that most of the necklace length was going to be composed of chain, so I wanted to add some beaded links in between the lengths of chain.  I actually had made a couple for use with the earrings and ended up not using them, so I reserved them for use with the necklace.


It took some adjusting for me to get the links, drops and other components put together and I actually ended up taking it apart a few times.  Don't be afraid to do this! Sometimes it ends up better if you try multiple options before settling completely on your design.  I had started with one idea, but once put together, I didn't like the way it looked.  Being flexible enough to take it apart is a great factor of the creative process and will sometimes end up making your piece even better. 


I love the way this necklace turned out.  I ended up putting one of the drops behind the wing drop and one in front.  Both of them in front took too much away from the wing itself, so I changed things up a bit.  With the earrings, this necklace makes a great set.  While they were created for the purpose of the holiday season, they could easily be worn any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment