Sunday, March 9, 2014

Nothing else needs to be said....Wolverine.

Yes, we are continuing the trend of pieces that I created for my friend when she went to Comic Con.  There were quite a few pieces that I custom made for her and I want to make sure I share them.  This one was of course centered on Wolverine.  I kept this design fairly simple, just a bezel with a picture that was embed within ICE resin and then a few drops, as well as a shrinky dink of one of the X men logos which features Wolverine's claws.  I decided to use gunmetal findings for this piece, to go with the gritty feel of the imagery I was using.  I used just a simple chain style with the toggle clasp in front.  All of the drops and then pendant were attached to the ring portion of the toggle clasp.


One thing to keep in mind, when using shrinky dinks make sure that you remember to punch your hole before baking it! On this one I forgot to punch the hole and there is no way to punch it once it has been baked and cured.  A great way to fix this is to use a fold over or glue on bail, as I ended up doing in this piece.  For now, I'll leave you with this lovely image, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment