Thursday, March 13, 2014

Snoopy Dance anyone?

Ok, I should include a disclaimer here, I am a BtVS devotee. I love all things Joss Whedon. So when my friend asked me to make a Xander themed piece, I was more than happy to do so.  I really wanted to feature Xander's face, but finding a picture I could use for inspiration to base my drawing off of was difficult.  I finally found something that was more line art based from one of the comics, so I was able to use that as a reference.  This was really difficult for me, and stretched my drawing ability, but I felt that it came out pretty well.  I also did a shrinky dink of the BtVS logo and of course...Snoopy doing the Snoopy Dance (any Buffy fan will know what this is a reference to). With all the detail in the pendant I decided that besides the shrinky dinks I would just use some Swarovski crystal for sparkle and keep the rest simple. Word from my friend is that she was able to show this to Nicholas Brendan when she met him at Comic Con, so I was floored by that!  

No comments:

Post a Comment