Sunday, March 23, 2014

Simple but Elegant Green Onyx Earrings

These earrings started out as a Christmas present for my mom, but I liked them so much I made a second pair to sell in my Etsy shop.  I got these beautiful green onyx briolettes and just thought they would be perfect for this style.  I started by making some briolette wrapped loops on them as this would be the easiest way to attach them.  I'm not that good at this technique yet, but I was happy with the improvement I've been making in learning it. 


To add a little sparkle to the earrings I decided to make beaded links with some Swarovski bicones.  These just added a little sparkle and shine to the earrings and accent the briolettes well.

While they may appear to be pretty simple in concept, they add to any look and can be very formal depending on what they are paired with.  I just love the deep green in these briolettes and couldn't pass up doing something fun with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment